Monday, February 14, 2005

Haven't been back here in a while

been to busy surviving grave shift. I finally had to take a couple of days off of work so I could recover my health. Those of us on grave shift are working on new schedules with the idea of not having to work grave shift every three months. Trouble is there aren't enough people to have two work every night, in case of vacation or illness, so it looks like all we can do is change the days, hours, and rotation. Speaking of rotation, when I first learned I would have to work a different shift every month I did some research and found that the best rotation was CW (day, evenings, and midnight). Naturally we were doing a CCW rotation and when I mentioned it no one cared. Now one of the guys who never had to work the rotating shifts before read the same stuff and it has become a major issue. We must rotate in a CW fashion is his battle cry. I think he is just trying to stick it to one of the guys he doesn’t like who just came off midnight shift and would have to go back on next month. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home