Saturday, January 29, 2005

Ready, set, .... go.

Spent the weekend tying up all my loose ends. I will only get a few good nights of sleep in the next month so don't want to HAVE to do anything. Took my work schedule over to the transportation office here on base and once again ran into the Japanese mind-set. They so resist any change that I wonder how they invent all the cool stuff that they do. To give you an idea what I mean ... every morning during the week they drive two busses from this base to the main base at Yokosuka to take the sailors (and others) to work. The first bus returns to the base empty while the second one stays at Yokosuka until it returns in the evening. Three months ago, when I last worked midnight shift, I was told by the driver that no one was allowed to ride the bus back to the base when I tried to board the bus the first morning. I had to call the transportation supervisor at Yokosuka to get him to ok me riding the EMPTY bus back to Negishi. Well yesterday I got the same story, no one was allowed to ride the empty bus back to Negishi and it was only because Mr. Keck requested it that I was able to ride last time. However the Japanese are also very nice people and they said it would be ok this time but next time I would have to get authorization from Mr. Keck again. I assured them that this was the last month I would need this service so they were happy and I was happy as I don't have to fight all those people on the trains in the morning when I'm way beyond tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home